Saturday 9 April 2011

rest and recharge

Why do I find it so hard to rest.  For a long time I had nowhere nice to rest.  My house was in chaos and mess.  Stuff everywhere, not at all restful.  Then I decided to create an oasis of calm by redoing my bedroom. It was hard as I had no real idea of how to lay out a room, or what went with what.  Then I hit upon the idea to get rid of furniture I had accumulated and stuff I no longer liked of was useful; all the advise you get about de-cluttering.  It was great.  I now have a lovely bedroom, so as my energy level increased I ventured further.  The junk room is now almost a dining room but it is mostly a craft and computer room.  The front room, although unpainted, other than by about 12 different matchpots, is passable.  I am learning to love my home.  Because I was renting it I felt it was wrong to invest the effort as that is what everyone told me, but I live here ,it is my home.  So I set about creating a cosy and comfortable home.  I now have a choice of 3 sofas to rest and recharge on, or to crochet on , or to read on, there is also my bed, my bedroom armchair, the dining room arm chairs, my lovely pink sunlounger and of course the bath, place of all inspiration and calmmess.  I have more cushions than a cushion shop.  I love my home.  Soon I will be ready to share it with pets.  Tomorrow I will be having my family over for dinner for the first time ever.  Wow it will be nice to cook for them for a change.  I enjoy caring for my home, just as I now enjoy caring for myself and my family.  I dont know why it was so difficult to create a home but it was.  Why did I think I did not deserve a nice home.  It has inspired me to put down root and buy my own house.  A really good reason to take care of myself and get well so that I can afford to buy a lovely house.  I saw the one.  It is a happy one.  It looks loved.  The windows face the rising sun so the garden will face the setting sun.  I will be looking at it next week.  Already I am crocheting a blanket for the sofa that I am going to put in the porch I am going to built in the front of the house.  Crochet helps me to recharge.  the rhythmic movement and the texture of the wool and the memory of the lovely lady who thought me to crochet.  Happy childhood memories.
I give myself permission to rest and recharge.

So turn off your inner critical parent who says that you must have all your chores done before you can rest, lie on your favorite sofa, with your favourite cushions, cocooned in a nest of soft and cuddly blankets and have a nice cup of tea in your favourite cup from your favourite teapot , and think happy thoughts, me I will be thinking about new designs for my pebble pets.
Happy Saturday.

todays blog was written to the accompinment of simon and garfunkle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment