Sunday 3 April 2011

missing presumed having fun : mark knofler and the joys of jelly fishing

I rediscovered my love of music and while browsing on grooveshark for things I might like to listen to I found that I had a great love of bluegrass.  Doc Watson inparticular.  His blues stay away from me was so lovely.  One day I came across a different version, by the notting hillbillies.  I loved the sound and decided to see what else they did.  Even better; a whole album of lovely things.  Obviously I had to know more.  It transpired that : Following the incredible success of the Dire Straits’ Brothers In Arms album and tour, Mark Knopfler was looking for a change of pace. Mark formed the country outfit The Notting Hillbillies with old friends Steve Phillips, Brendan Croker and Guy Fletcher. Rounding out the line-up were Ed Bicknell on drums, Marcus Cliffe on bass and Paul Franklin on steel guitar. The Notting Hillbillies decided on that moniker, since they recorded their songs at a studio in the London neighbourhood of Notting Hill. 
Wow I was so inspired, clearly he loved his music but wanted it to be fun.  the title of the album is so humorous missing presumed having fun.  So I changed the way I thought about my sabbatical from reality.  I might be missing from work but why not look at it as a need for a change of pace, something to refresh me and sooth my poor frozen brain, a hibernation of sorts.  Missing presumed having fun was my new mental motto for this.  I might be depressed but I did not have to be ashamed of it.  Everyone needs to have a change of pace to recharge I did not give myself this and spent years ignoring the needs of my soul.  I pondered this perhaps I have taken life way too seriously for too long.  Why ?  who knows, possibly my brain was trained to it but mow it is time to let it run free and enjoy the benefits of jellyfishing.   My inspiration of how to have fun is spongebob.  my favourite episode is the jellyfishing one where squdward looks after gary.  So many lessons in it.  
So watch spongebob and  
put on missing presumed having fun lie back and 
think about all the fun you can have. 

Happy mothers day

No comments:

Post a Comment