Thursday 7 April 2011

bubble therapy, the joys of bat watching and bubbles

I bought a bright pink sun lounger a few weeks ago in anticipation of the predicted good weather.  Today the fine weather arrived but I was too down to appreciate it.  I was in a tizzy trying to get to an appointment on time and had to stop for petrol.  Over the petrol pump there was a sign; large bubbles.  Given my bubble obsession I thought I was hallucinating, but no, the petrol station was selling large bubble wands.  I bought a few, went to my appointment and on the way back stopped at one of my favourite views of the coastline and cliffs with the intention of using my lovely bubble wands.  Most unfortunately a few other people had a similar ideas,(not the bubble bit, the looking at the view bit) so although I am enjoying a sabbatical from reality, I do not wish to draw too much attention to my bubble mania and just sat and admired the view.

I went home and wrapped myself up in my lovely bright yellow fleece blanket and had endless cups of tea while watching the crescent moon rise lying on my bright pink sun lounger.  The smell of the citronella candles, the freshly cut grass and all the birds flying home to nest brought me back to summer nights out camping.  I stayed out long enough to see the bats on their evening hunt and hope to photograph them tomorrow night.  I love bats, they are such beautiful creatures.  If you ever get to hold and admire their beautiful ear structure please do.  They are like cute little hamsters with wings, a sort of a cross between a hamster and a blackbird.  Anyway eventually I had to go do the mammy taxi thing and as I unpacked the car I decided to indulge my desire to blow bubbles with my lovely little organic bubble machine(my daughter, one of many organic bubble machines).  So here are some of the beautiful bubbles.











land of the evening bubbles

The best bit is tonight I learned how to bounce and spin bubbles, such fun.  Hours of fun for €1.79.
Happy Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment