Sunday 8 May 2011

what now

What now? What next? Where am I going? Back to basics for me I think.  Indulged in one of my favourite unhealthy pursuits today.  It was enjoyable but afterwards I thought to myself what a waste of a day.  It was a lovely afternoon.  I could have gone out for a walk.  I could have done the ironing.  I could have done something positive.  I resisted for a week.  I even thought to myself thank god I dont do that anymore.  I feel so much better but today temptation was too great.  So now I need to practice forgiveness, I need to let go of the mistake, I want to not beat myself up about it.  So I will go easy on myself.  I will acknowledge the effort.  I will remember that it is not about the achievement but the effort.  I am an imperfectionista.  I am imperfect.  So I did not plan the diversion, but I gave myself permission to indulge myself .

I gave myself permission to indulge myself.
       
                                                               I gave myself permission to indulge myself.

 I gave myself permission to indulge myself.
               
                                 I gave myself permission to indulge myself.

                                 I gave myself permission to indulge myself.

 I gave myself permission to indulge myself.

                                   I gave myself permission to indulge myself. 

Why did the chicken cross the road??
Because he gave himself permission
Because he was open to the possibility that there was something better across the road.
Because he was following another chicken.
Because he noticed there was a road.
Because he needed the exercise.
Because it lead him to the next stage of his journey.
What was the chicken's journey ??  He didnt know either but he had to take small steps, after all he was a chicken and they have small legs:-)



What now, I dont know, but I am open to the possibilities.  I can give myself permission, I dont need to wait for permission from others.

Happy Sunday.
Give yourself permission to get back up again when you slip.



No comments:

Post a Comment