Tuesday 29 March 2011

resolution of reoccurring dream

I have had a reoccurring dream for as long as I can remember.  I am in a house and part of it is familiar.  I am searching for something, or trying to hide from someone.  Most of the house is familiar to me and although the rooms are slightly different, they are generally some form of a place I have lived.  The common theme is that I discover many hidden rooms, mostly the room is rather tiny or huge, inaccessible or decaying.  Sometimes the roof is off, frequently I find a room with lots of beautiful furniture but the room is behind glass and I cannot get in.  Last week I had the dream again.  This time there was no light in the room.  I lay in the dark all night.  As the morning dawned I looked up at the ceiling and saw that all the wiring was in place I just needed to put in a socket for a light bulb.  Then as I got put of bed to do so my grandmother came over and took me into another room.  It was my current bedroom.  She opened the press and inside was so many things.  Beautiful fabrics, tools, boxes of books, so much stuff that I could not take it all in.  As I woke up I realised that everything I needed to fix the house was there already in the cupboard.

Before I went to sleep I had been thinking about my emotional tool kit.  I had imagined my toolkit was a back pack with a few tools in it unfortunately it was so filled with rocks that I could never find the tool.  I visualised taking out the rocks but nothing was working for me.  My dream made me realise that I have all the tools to have a happy life. I could cast away the bag of rocks because it was not really my toolkit.  It was that godforsaken burden that I continually pick up.  I have everything I need.  I dont have just a tool kit I have a room full of resources, all carefully boxed and organised.  They were there all along.  I just needed to be shown where to look.  


I saw this beautiful piece of junk art on a recent trip to Sherkin Island, there is beauty to be created from things we overlook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment