Monday 14 March 2011

i could not live up to the expectation of my curtains

My curtains are gone,
I gave them away,
For days I looked longingly at them
They hung in the shop
silently calling to me
"See how beautiful we are
So pale and beautiful
WE will make you feel good
We will cure your ills
we Will match your stuff, dont
WE look like we will€€€€"

But they didn't
They made me feel bad
I could not live up to the expectations of my curtains
I tried; I    t r i e d    t o 

I searched for colours to make them
happy, for other shades of grey,
not the black and white I 
had to offer them
They wanted more
They knew what they wanted
I did not
but one day, i not longer wanted 
to please my gloomy and 
demanding curtains.
they cast their spell on another
Now they reside there
casting their spell on another
now they reside there 
casting their malevolent jellyfishey 
stings of faux-beauty
there.  But in that house there is a small boy and a dog.
Strength and love in the bond.
those haughty curtains
will be put in their place by 
the repeated pawing of grubby feet and hands by 
the barking and climbing upon by the boy
and the dog.  their haughtiness ignored and disregarded
So my dear haughty ones
you Scorned my tender ministrations
you Scorned my black and whiteness
you Scorned my efforts

But i, the Scorned one,
has now cast you out
begone you vile evil curtains
Glare down from your high moral ground at me 
no more
Now when I visit you
I might come say hi, you might still
Scorn me. Eventually you will
learn to live with Jacks 
earth shattering bark and 
Johnnys loving hugs. you will become what you
are, pieces of fabric
with no soul you are just
curtains and once more i 
am free



This poem is best enjoyed eating chilli listening to Doc Watsons , blues stay away from me, sung by the notting hill billies lying on a bright red rug in the sunshine without grey cream and black striped curtains.  That is a well know cure for Mondays. Happy Monday . 


No comments:

Post a Comment